This rapidly-growing real estate developer builds and manages senior living apartments for active adults ages 55+. NorSouth engaged us to educate the market about their new communities. We took an intentionally relationship-based approach to these marketing efforts. We didn’t blast monthly rent prices or advertise that apartments included washer-dryer hook-ups. We didn’t bombard our prospects with “IF YOU SIGN A LEASE TODAY…” Instead, we spent three days walking around the neighborhood talking to store owners and local restaurateurs, librarians, and local theatre groups that prospective renters might enjoy becoming involved with. These community stakeholders we spoke with emerged as champions of NorSouth, helping us find the perfect group of folks to live in “their” neighborhood and in our client’s apartments. By emphasizing quality content creation and prioritizing genuine connections, we were able to successfully meet this client’s goals.
- Developed a social media presence for NorSouth’s residential communities for active adults and treated social media as a two-way street, listening to feedback and participating in a dialogue with prospective renters
- Designed print and digital sales materials
- Identified community leaders and champions, built relationships, and included these stakeholders in our marketing process.
- Established a brand voice that resonated with our target market. We found terms that could replace the word “senior” and used images that spoke to reinvention instead of retirement.
- Blogged and shared content about topics relevant to our target market, such as the joys of trading in the minivan for a fun “retirement car” and replacing the Wedgewood for colorful, modern dishes from Ikea. We wrote about the free classes that Emory offers for the 55+ crowd, and we posted the lunch menu from Matthew’s, the restaurant known as the “Best Meat ’n Three” in the city. We promoted the book club that met on Tuesdays and the proximity to the golf course, and all the other things that active adults enjoy having nearby.
- Authentically connected with potential tenants and tapped into their desire to create a new, adventure-filled chapter in their lives.